USA Deaf Volleyball is looking to restructure and improve the organization as a whole for the next Deaflympic 4-year cycle (2022 – 2025). We are looking for interested individuals to volunteer for the following positions:
- USADVB Executive Director
- Organize, develop, administer, and deliver program activities and events targeted toward indoor and beach national teams, youth programs, and develop the organization as whole (securing organizational sponsorships and such). Represent USADVB at domestic and international events and be the main point of contact with any collaboration with USA Deaf Sports Federation (USADSF), International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD), and USA Volleyball (USAV).
- Beach Program Director
- Coordinate & manage both men’s and women’s national beach teams, logistics, fundraising, oversee the recruitment of any prospective athletes. Work closely with USADVB Executive Director to represent USADVB at all domestic and international beach events. This position is also a member of the USADVB board.
- Indoor National Teams Director
- Coordinate & manage both the women and men national teams, logistics, fundraising, oversee the recruitment of any prospective athletes. Work with the men’s head coach to coordinate tryouts, training camps, and tournaments. Work closely with USADVB Executive Director to represent USADVB at all domestic and international events. This position is also a member of the USADVB board.
- Youth Program Coordinator
- Coordinate and run the USA Deaf Youth Volleyball Camp & U18 team(s). Responsible for securing practice sites, fundraising, food, transportation, selecting personnel to lead camp(s) and youth teams as necessary. This position is also a member of the USADVB board.
- Finance Coordinator
- Serve as the finance liaison for all USADVB financial activity to include, marketing, and fundraisings. Explore options and actively grow USADVB financial accounts for future growth. Reconcile donations, deposits, wires, and credit card receipts for bank and basic accounts. This position is also a member of the USADVB board.
- At-Large Board Members (3)
- We are looking for three at-large board members. They can be a former athlete or coach, someone with a strong marketing background, or someone who is an expert with technology to support the growth of USADVB website and social media accounts.
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Manage all USADVB social media accounts, website, communication, and press releases. Develop appropriate materials and content for marketing, social media posts, and USADVB’s website. Work closely with USADSF during any domestic and international events to ensure media coverage. Work closely with USADVB Executive Director for marketing/sponsorship pitches.
USADVB is a volunteer-based organization and all of these positions are volunteer positions. While these positions are volunteer positions, it is expected for each individual to remain committed to the program until the end of the Deaflympic cycle in 2025. Additional considerations are given to those who have some of the following qualifications:
1. Years of running or coaching volleyball on both international and domestic levels.
2. Credentials such as coach certificate, training, teaching, sports medicine, etc.
3. Experience in working with deaf and hard of hearing athletes in volleyball or any other aspect.
4. Possessing some ability to communicate in sign language is a plus.
5. Pass a criminal background check.
If you are interested in one of these positions, please email a letter of interest for a specific position along with your CV/resume to USADeafVBw@gmail.com no later than September 2, 2022.
Research shows that people tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage all people including women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
USADVB’s committee is composed of the current Team Director, Women’s Head Coach & Assistant Coach, former and current USADVB athletes, and our current social media coordinator. The committee will review and interview all applicants and select the best candidate that fits our revamped vision for 2022-2025.
Coaches will be sought after after the Leadership Team has been selected. Stay tuned for those opportunities this upcoming fall!